Brean Down Road, Brean
£300,000

Sold STC
  • Photo 21
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 1
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 2
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 9
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 10
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 5
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 8
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 6
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 18
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 13
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 14
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 11
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 7
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 4
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 16
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 3
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 12
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 20
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 17
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 19
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 15
    Brean Down Road
  • Photo 22
    Brean Down Road
Please enter your starting address in the form input below.

  • POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL! Located at the foot of Brean Down
  • A former farm house where an abundance of history and exclusiveness meets
  • Extensive and most flexible accommodation
  • A wildlife heaven
  • Far reaching, unique coastal and countryside open views
  • 'Once in a life time exquisite opportunity’
  • EPC rating G9, Council Tax Band E
  • PLEASE NOTE: This property is currently owned by a relative of an employee of David Plaister Ltd

POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL! This phrase is very often over stated but most definitely not here. David Plaister Ltd are delighted to offer Brean Down Farm House for Sale.

Uniqueness, outstanding beauty and tranquillity are but a few words that can be used to describe this location. A former farm house where an abundance of history and exclusiveness meets. Located at the foot of Brean Down with far reaching, coastal and countryside open views, an estuary sea breeze and a true wild life heaven. With panoramic sea views where the River Axe meets the Bristol Channel, at the far end of Brean Down (SSSI) and the Saltings which Natural England describes as one of the best in the Severn Estuary. These are Sites of Special Scientific Interest on which you can find rare flora and fauna. Brean Down is one of the great landmarks of the Somerset coastline standing over 300ft high, the Down is immersed in intriguing stories, from prehistoric worship to Second World War weapon testing. The surrounding steep slopes and sweeping pastures are renowned for its wildlife, so keep a look out for a great variety of rare birds, plants and butterflies right on the doorstep of Brean Down Farm House. Brean Down Farm was part of the manor of Brean which was presented to Walter de Douai (a Norman Knight) by William I. In 1663 Sir Wadham Wyndham bought part of these lands from the then owner Philip Jackson, and it remained in the possession of the Wyndham family into the 20th Century. Brean Down Farm is a truly unique piece of Somerset and a ‘once in a life time exquisite opportunity’. Formerly used as two dwellings, the extensive and most flexible accommodation may suit a variety of uses subject to planning permission and building regulations approval. In need of modernisation and renovation this property is a spectacular opportunity to create your own paradise. Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the idyllic unbeatable glistening sea views that do not fail to impress along with everything else that Brean Down Farm House has to offer as the opportunities are endless. EPC rating G9, Council Tax Band E.

Please see the Landmark flood risk summary included within the photos and particulars.

A 20% maintenance contribution applies to the driveway leading to the Farmhouse. The remaining 80% is contributed by the neighbouring farm (An increased contribution will apply if the property is developed into multiple dwellings). An 80% contribution applies for the pumping station for the sewerage system. The remaining 20% is contributed by the neighbouring farm.
The property is restricted for the following use;
a) A single residential dwelling; and/or
b) No more than two single residential dwellings; and/or
c) Bed and breakfast accommodation; and/or
d) For a maximum of four short term holiday lets; and/or
e) Office and workshop use to be occupied by a small business;

PLEASE NOTE: This property is currently owned by a relative of an employee of David Plaister Ltd.

Entrance
Entrance door to principle entrance vestibule with door to garden, dual aspect UPVC double glazed windows, old farmhouse type door to dining room.

Dining Room
18' 1'' x 17' 1'' (5.52m x 5.21m)
Super room, ingelnook type fire place with free standing aga cooker (2 oven), UPVC double glazed single sash window with open views, part timber clad walls, farmhouse doors to kitchen, bathroom and living room.

Kitchen/Breakfast Room
13' 9'' x 9' 11'' (4.19m x 3.01m)
Range of wall and floor units with roll edge work surfaces and tiled splash backs over, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer, space and plumbing for appliances, dual aspect UPVC double glazed windows, access to roof space, night storage heater, door to garage.

Garage
19' 8'' x 13' 1'' (6.00m x 4.00m) (internal dimension)
Electrically operated roller door, door to side, timber framed single glazed window, roof space storage, wash hand basin.

Bathroom
13' 5'' x 11' 5'' (4.09m x 3.48m)
A huge bathroom, wash hand basin, low level W/C, panel bath, UPVC double glazed window, electric wall heater.

Living Room
18' 1'' x 16' 8'' (5.50m x 5.07m) (plus bay)
Super room with exposed ceiling timbers, free standing gas fire set under timber mantle, UPVC single sash double glazed window with views, built in cupboard, night storage heater, centre and wall lights, door to hallway, folding window shutters.

Hallway
(thought to be original entrance to the property)
Entrance vestibule, under stairs storage, blocked off door to sitting room, stair flight rising to first floor, night storage heater, door to inner hallway.

Sitting Room
14' 1'' x 11' 9'' (4.30m x 3.57m)
Cosy room with UPVC double glazed single sash window, internal window shutters, night storage heater, fire place, door to main hallway and inner hallway.

Inner Hallway
Doors to kitchen, hallway, garden room/study.

Garden Room/Study
17' 11'' x 13' 9'' (5.45m x 4.19m)
A light and bright room with exposed ceiling timbers, UPVC double glazed doors to garden, fire place with free standing fire.

Second Kitchen/Breakfast Room
26' 5'' x 9' 1'' (8.05m x 2.76m) (narrowing to 1.96)
Free standing Rayburn cooker (2 oven), range of kitchen wall and floor units with roll edge work surfaces and tiled splash backs over, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink, UPVC double glazed window, space for range cooker with canopy extractor hood over, space and plumbing for appliances, space for breakfast table, doors to bathroom and rear pantry area, stair flight rising to first floor.

Bathroom
8' 5'' x 8' 5'' (2.56m x 2.56m)
Panel bath with glass screen over, low level W/C, pedestal wash hand basin, wall mounted electric fire, UPVC double glazed windows.

Rear Pantry Area
Doors to cupboards and door to further area/boot room.

Boot Room Area
External doors front and rear, cupboard, walk in mains fed shower, UPVC double glazed internal window.

Walk In Store Room
Flag-stone floor, roof light fixed opening, power, light, Belfast type sink with hot and cold water supply taps over, plumbing for appliance.

Stair Flight Rising to First Floor Landing

First Floor Landing
A spacious area, UPVC double glazed window, doors to rooms.

Cloakroom
(sloping ceiling)
UPVC double glazed window, low level W/C, wash hand basin.

Bedroom
18' 4'' x 11' 6'' (5.60m x 3.50m)
UPVC double glazed windows, night storage heater, sloping ceiling (part).

Bedroom
18' 1'' x 13' 3'' (5.50m x 4.05m)
Again, a delightful room with dual aspect UPVC double glazed single sash windows, night storage heater, inset fire place, built in cupboard housing hot water storage tank and controls, built in window seats with impressive views.

Bedroom
14' 2'' x 6' 6'' (4.32m x 1.97m)
UPVC double glazed windows, night storage heater, sloping ceiling (part), exposed roof timbers.

Bedroom
8' 6'' x 6' 5'' (2.60m x 1.95m)
A small room with a big view, UPVC double glazed window over built in window seat.

Stair Flight Rising to First Floor Front Landing

Front Landing
Doors to rooms, stair flight rising to second floor.

Master Bedroom
18' 1'' x 16' 4'' (5.52m x 4.98m)
A super and sizeable room, UPVC double glazed window with great views, night storage heater, door to dressing room and en-suite.

Dressing Room
8' 3'' x 6' 1'' (2.52m x 1.86m)
UPVC double glazed window with built in window seat and unobstructed views, connecting door to landing.

En-suite
19' 7'' x 17' 4'' (5.97m x 5.29m)
WOW! Massive en-suite, UPVC double glazed windows, panel bath, low level W/C, wash hand basin, part sloping ceiling, exposed roof timbers, views to front, cupboard housing hot water storage tank, boarder over fire place.

Bedroom Two
14' 1'' x 13' 5'' (4.29m x 4.09m) (into recess)
Again, a bright room with tremendous views through a UPVC double glazed single sash window, open grate type fire place, built in window seat.

Stair Flight Rising From Landing To Roof Space

Roof Space
17' 5'' x 14' 4'' (5.30m x 4.36m)
UPVC double glazed window, exposed roof timbers, chimney breast including 'a cheese shelf' constructed into the chimney breast (we believe), sloping ceilings, further door to roof space.

Outside
A detached building (we believe used in a previous life as tea rooms). One side measures 11.77 x 7.50 with twin timber sliding doors, power, light and oil tank. The other side measures 11.89 x 7.50 with twin timber sliding doors, power and light.

Garage
19' 8'' x 12' 6'' (6.00m x 3.80m) (internal dimensions)
Up and over door, pedestrian doors front and rear, timber framed single glazed window, roof space storage.

Gardens
A spectacular gardening and wild life dream, these wrap around gardens mainly laid to lawn are a delight, overlooking directly onto The Saltings Foreshore with open countryside and hills beyond. A derelict building adds to the mystic and mature trees, hedging and boarders give charm. Enclosed by stone walling and to the rear rising to Brean Down itself. Midway to Uphill village, across the Estuary is Black Rock and the entrance to the Estuary is clearly visible with Uphill and Weston-super-Mare beyond. Copious wading birds, country and coastal wildlife. May suit that sanctuary that you have always dreamt of or just the spot for retirement.

Please Note
A 20% maintenance contribution applies to the driveway leading to the Farmhouse. The remaining 80% is contributed by the neighbouring farm (An increased contribution will apply if the property is developed into multiple dwellings). An 80% contribution applies for the pumping station for the sewerage system. The remaining 20% is contributed by the neighbouring farm. The property is restricted for the following use; A) A single residential dwelling; and/or B) No more than two single residential dwellings; and/or C) Bed and breakfast accommodation; and/or D) For a maximum of four short term holiday lets; and/or E) Office and workshop use to be occupied by a small business;


Click to enlarge

Name Location Type Distance

County: Somerset
Sale Type: Sold STC
Ref #: DP002952

T: 07802919567
We are members of